Margie's den of wonders...

now that was the catchiest bit of the blog! ;o)

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Steak and kidney pie and other English things I have done of late

Friday, craving to get away from the world of estrogen that are my work friends and rang up one of my favourite blokes at work and asked if he was off to the pub at lunch - not dissappointed - he said sure enough he and another bloke from work were off to The Guinea on Berkley Square for a pie and a pint at noon if I fancied coming.

At The Guinea: real old fashioned standing-room only affair. The size of a North American fridge with REAL original Punch pictures hanging on the wall. Got our pies (arriving at noon got us the last three - good sign of quality of pies). Now I am not one who would normally say that kidney is something one should eat - but reserved judgement and have to say I enjoyed it. Great joking about blokey things (mooning and our experiences of it, Monty Python, Lennie Henry) all sorts of fun was had by all. 1 and a half hours later (and 2 pints of cider) wandered into work feeling fine - if a little sleepy!

so now realise why I am feeling house-proud and have the urge to sing "Land of Hope and Glory" at the top of my lungs! Well not so house proud that I will get the hoover going...but you get the idea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home