Margie's den of wonders...

now that was the catchiest bit of the blog! ;o)

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Camping and yes....more love for the bikes!

We went on our camping trip last weekend and between the mounds of laundry and kit that need putting away and the fact that they are actually insisting that I do some work at work - well you can guess why Thursday is the day of updates!

Darren and I discovered a whole new level of silliness/intimacy together on our trip - yes farting in the tent can bring you closer!

The campsite was kind of different to what I am used to - being from big old NA (North America) I am used to huge open spaces ::::hum "Don't Fence Me In" along with me now!::::: and that is something you won't get at a European campsite. That being said you won't get wild ponies or cattle roaming in groups (3-4) on your site in NA so I guess we're even.

We had planned on getting some serious biking in - and were not dissappointed...the weather cooperated and we had 10 hours in two days of very good biking. The only mistake we made was deciding that we could bring groceries (including 9 large cans of lager)...hmmm why would my husbands back ache with that in the rucksack!?!

At one point we were feeling somewhat intimidated by the highly equiped lot surrouding us then two VERY LARGE individuals arrived in a tiny little car and took out a tiny little tent (literally big enough to put a beach towel in) so we felt that in fact ours was truly palatial! We still could have done with a dish towel though...so size doesn't matter but stuff does!!!

I got a sunburn on my head that is in the shape of my helmet...I look silly!

My bike is soo cool...am getting to the point where I don't have to be on the brakes as I wiz down hills! It is really fun to go as fast as cars. They say you don't forget how to ride a bike...but you do get more cautious. I'll bet everyone remembers the terrible wrecks that we would all get into on our bikes (no helmets it was the 70s/80s)...in the meantime you grew up and realised that you need all of your limbs to work and that you probably shouldn't be using your skull as a helmet...no matter how thick your partner tells you it is when you fight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home