Margie's den of wonders...

now that was the catchiest bit of the blog! ;o)

Friday, August 01, 2008

For I Can't Help Falling in Love With You... [Again!]

My husband is a hero! I say this and hear sniggering (his and likely some of my readership). He gets up at 4.55AM and goes off to work every day at 5.25AM. He takes a two hour train and then does it all in reverse in the evening arriving home at around 7.30PM.

I know many men commute long distances to get to their place of work - but none of them are my man.

This morning Madeleine and I were up because she was having a feed. Daddy being the source of much giggling had her going with rasberries on her belly and neck and with tickles under her arms (can you say extactic baby?!). We decided to walk him out and wave bye-bye to him. He is so lovely because my tough-guy personaed husband was putty in his little girl's hands and kept turning around to wave all the way up the street.

In the evenings Madeleine and I like to meet him at the corner of the street or at the station. [Sometimes this means charred dinner but who can put a price on love and affection between a hard-working parent and their child!] Darren is always so happy to see us [well Madeleine anyway] and Madeleine is always so full of smiles for her Daddy that it makes me feel part of something so special - even if neither of them spare a look at me.

I am so pleased that my husband is so hands on and loving with our daughter and that she just lights up when she sees him. I fall in love with him a little bit more each time I see them together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home