Margie's den of wonders...

now that was the catchiest bit of the blog! ;o)

Friday, August 29, 2008

Baby foot Haiku - too many sylables but what the heck

Sleeping baby's foot
peeps from a blanket
my love grows

The other day while Madeleine and I were chillazing on the bed (I was trying to get my princess to take some rest) she fell asleep under her little pink blanket and all I could see was her little foot peeping out. My heart felt so full at that moment - and I realised what a miracle it is that she is in our lives - growing, learning, and filling our days with joy.

I never thought I would be so happy - my twenties, like many I am sure - were not the best and I spent a lot of time feeling really crap. Now it seems that being with someone I love and having a child has healed all of the sadness and filled me with such purpose.

Watching her now playing in the jumper in the doorway and chattering away saying things like "Mmmummm mmmmammm MMummm", and "Dadadadadaa" I get really excited thinking about what will happen next. She is so full of life and fun you can't help but smile at her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home